A lot of people are afraid of spiders and with good reason. There’s a whole variety of different types, and some can be quite dangerous. On average, there are about 100 spider bites reported in the US each year. Of these, 8% are serious enough to require hospitalization.
As you can see, it’s important to know when a spider bite might be dangerous so that you can take steps to prevent further complications or fatalities. If you are in the Rockwall, TX, area, you may want to be aware of the risks that live around your home.
Spiders To Watch Out For In Rockwall TX
Spiders are very common in Rockwall, TX. Some are more dangerous than others and are likely to appear in your home or commercial property looking for food crumbs or other insects. Here are some spider species that you should be aware of:
- Brown Recluse Spider (Loxosceles reclusa): This spider is small and brown with a distinctive darker violin shape on its back, giving it the nickname ‘fiddle back. The venom can cause lesions to form at the site of the bite, which is slow to heal.
- Black Widow Spider (Latrodectus mactans): This spider has a distinctive red hourglass shape on its underside and is very poisonous. The bite from the black widow spider can be deadly for small children and those who are ill or elderly so if you think you have been bitten by one, get medical attention immediately.
You need to recognize these spiders so you can make sure your family stays safe from harm’s way!
Spiders More Frightening Than Dangerous
Other spiders may invade your home without warning but are not lethal:
- Jumping Spiders (Phidippus spp): These are very distinctive with their large jaws and extremely long spider legs and have various colorations and bold patterns. They don’t usually bite humans but may jump at you when they feel threatened.
- Wolf Spiders (Lycosa spp): Another spider with a distinctive jaw; these are brown with tan stripes. It’s most often to found them in the garden hunting for prey. Again, they will not usually bite if left alone but may jump at you when they feel threatened or provoked. During the winter months, they could seek shelter at your home.
A slew of spiders on your property might indicate an underlying pest problem, no matter the species. Be aware in case of needing spider pest control.
How To Protect Your Home From Invaders?
Not how, but who?!! The best way to deal with spider problems is by preventing them from occurring in the first place, and Spidermen is here to help!
We provide spider pest control to Rockwall, TX citizens of all ages! Keeping spiders and other pests away to give you a fresh start in your home. Why us?
- 19 years of experience
- More than 500 homes saved
- Prompt service
To top it all off, we bring joy to your home. We show up in the Spidermen gear to show our love for this business and the commitment to each client; what is a job well done without a little fun, right?
Rest easy knowing your home or commercial property is safe! Because Spidermen Services, your spider exterminator in Rockwall, TX, saves the world, one spider at a time.